27.11.08

Thanksgiving by the sea


Since it was just the two of us for Thanksgiving this year and neither one of us is a big turkey fan, we decided weeks ago to go the the ocean for a nice walk instead of overeating. The weather cooperated, mostly. Yesterday's rain had stopped but it was still overcast and the sun never did come out. Nice, angry waves (okay, I realize that's a contradiction). Didn't stop the surfers.

This is the first time I've ever taken the camera along and I'm quite pleased with my pictures (not surfing magazine quality, but good enough for me).
Didn't find a single piece of beach glass, only "beach plastic" and no shells. Maybe next time. I hope we'll be able to go more often again. We used to go very regularly but haven't been in almost 2 years. It really was time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, next time, throw some glass out there so when you come back in 30 years, you've got beach glass!

Nice surfing pictures, and it does look a little cold and dark!

abeadlady said...

Glad you had a good day. I love taking ocean pics. These are great.