22.6.10

My new favorite bag


Somebody was obviously having too much fun taking self-portraits.
I made this bag a while ago, starting with a pattern I bought on etsy - one of those PDF downloadable files. It looked really cute in the pictures but didn't turn out quite that cute when I was done. Not wanting to waste that fabric, I took the bottom apart and reworked it, adding pleats, and really, really love it. Now it does look cute. It's yet another fairly big bag (I figured out yet again yesterday that I do not do small bags), soft, slouchy, just the way I like them.
I think I'd love it even more if it had an outside pocket, but that'll come with the next incarnation of this bag. Maybe a bottom insert, too. Who knows?
Obviously, the love affair with the pencil skirt continues as well. With the required stomach crunches, not so much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both the bag and you look good!

Doris said...

Thank you, Marilee!