30.6.14

My letter to the editor

Friday afternoon I sat down and wrote emails and letters, including one to the editor. It didn't make it into Saturday's paper or Sunday's paper, but it's in today's:

Important Day for Suicide Prevention

I didn't choose the title, the newspaper always does.

There are already negative comments, 2 so far, but there are also 3 supportive ones.

Friday was such a big day, so emotional, and I don't think I have completely gotten back to "normal" just yet. Days like that always bring up issues connected to our loss and this day was no different.

My friend Marilee would be commenting on this, she took me under her wing after Henry died and was pretty much my only commenter for years. Unfortunately, she passed away a couple of years ago. And, yes, I still miss her and her kindness.
And, of course, I miss Henry. I wouldn't be doing any of this if it wasn't for him.

No comments: