28.1.08

Finally something I made


I've been talking about chain maille in a couple of previous posts but have never gotten around to scanning and posting. Finally, I did.

Just 2 bracelets for starters. The top is European 4-in-1, a class I took yesterday. I had tried that particular weave before and struggled with it - there's a front and back - but this time it clicked and I really enjoyed this one (and there are weaves I do not like).

The bottom one is called "bike chain" by the instructor (Colin Mahler. Great teacher, if you ever have a chance to take a class with her, do so. She really knows what she's doing.). It also goes by "Olivia" and is a byzantine variation. This one is two-tone and will stay as is. Everything else I've made and will post eventually will be oxidized and tumbled. I just like the darker look better.

For right now, that's it. More to follow - eventually.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the bike chain is really neat. And it doesn't look like armor.