9.8.08

Trip to Healdsburg






Healdsburg is a nice place to visit, close enough for a short day trip. We've visited regularly since we moved to California but hadn't been in over a year. Today was a good day for a visit- sunny, but not too hot. We usually just enjoy the drive through the countryside - we always take backroads - and wander around the square in town. It's lined with nice little shops, getting more upscale every year. The small stores are disappearing to be replaced by art galleries and fancier restaurants. Our favorite Thai place was gone, it's now "Bistro Ralph." Thankfully, the quilt store (an amazing amount of good fabric in a smallish place) and the old-fashioned candy store are still there.


The first 3 pictures were taken on the drive up. Chateau Boswell is a winery just South of Calistoga. I've passed by many, many times and have always been amused by the name. Finally, I took a picture. The next 2 pictures are self-explanatory, that's where Calistoga water comes from. The last two pictures are of our haul in the candy store and the quilt shop.


I need to figure out a different lay-out. There's gotta be a way to have pictures throughout the text and not just at the top. Soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember when Perrier water was just becoming popular and I liked Calistoga better. I think I was in my late teens. Now I just drink tap water.

Doris said...

So do I, Marilee.