17.6.09

Things spiraled out of control

It all started with this bag, made from this bag tutorial and embellished using this tutorial. I made three of them, changing the size just a little.










Then I thought what about bali fabrics? That's how this bag came about:













That left me with scraps, lots of them and I decided to try this tutorial. Two finished so far, but because I didn't read the instructions properly and cut too much fabric for the straps, there'll be 2 more, at least.


















Yesterday, I decided to get a start on working my way through the unfinished projects, starting with these which were made using a tutorial found here .


















And I finally sewed the button onto this bag which I made months ago.














I am having my usual problem with blogger which won't let me make this look nice - it's just fine when I type and rearrange things, but once it goes up on my blog, it looks awful. I apologize, I'm relatively neat, just computer challenged.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The small bags are very cute!

Beady Zoo said...

Now I know where you've been -- was just wondering what you have been up to, and I see you've been locked away with your fabrics. Love the bags, etc. Do you have enough yet to open your etsy shop?

Doris said...

Thank you, Marilee. I actually use them while I'm sewing.

Doris said...

Kathy, I get side tracked too easily :-( You'd think that with all the sewing I'd have something for the etsy shop, wouldn't you? And I probably do, just need to take pictures.

Beady Zoo said...

Taking pics is my downfall, too :-( I made a necklace in April, and I've tried to take pictures of it four times, and they don't look like it does. Practice, practice, practice ...

Your pics look good, but I know how long it takes me to get good shots. I think I need a photographer.